The Ministry of Labour and Occupational Integration is responsible, within the framework of the laws and regulations in force, to elabourate and implement the government’s policy in the areas of labour and employment. social protection and the evaluation of their action plans.
As such, he is entrusted, in coordination with the ministerial departments concerned, with the following:
- Contribute to the development of the government’s labour, employment and social protection strategy and ensure its implementation.
- Propose draft legislative and regulatory texts relating to labour, employment and social protection and monitor their application.
- However, the proposal of laws and regulations relating to work in certain sectors in relation to the employment department, and the control of their application, remain the responsibility of the ministries concerned.
- Represent the government in bilateral or multilateral negotiations related to labour, employment and social protection.
- Represent the government with international organizations in relation to the ministry’s remit.
- Observe and analyze data relating to the labour market.
- Carry out the necessary studies and research for the promotion of decent work.
- Propose actions that can improve the capacity of the labour market.
- Contribute to the management of regulatory migration flows for work purposes, and develop and monitor public policies in this area.
- Monitor issues related to the prospection of job offers abroad and the development of security agreements and social security conventions and monitor their implementation.
- Monitor issues related to the social and medical protection of Moroccan workers residing abroad, and represent the government in the negotiations on bilateral social security agreements.
- Promote collective bargaining between the social partners, contribute to the settlement of labour disputes, animate social dialogue and boost its mechanisms and promote it at national, sectoral and enterprise level.
- Promote occupational medicine and prevention against occupational hazards.
- Promote the safety, social protection and medical coverage schemes of the category of employees and monitor and control their implementation.
- Monitor and control the activities of mutuals and promote the social situation of the insured.
- Propose the necessary measures and measures to develop and expand the social protection network and monitor compliance with its application.
- Strengthen opportunities for international cooperation in areas related to its remit.